Walnut Creek Prostitution Lawyer
Defending Clients Facing Prostitution Charges in California
At Thomas Daly Law, A Professional Corporation, we understand that facing prostitution charges can be a daunting and distressing experience. Our dedicated team of experienced lawyers is here to provide you with comprehensive legal representation and guidance throughout the process. If you are seeking a Walnut Creek prostitution lawyer who will fight for your rights and vigorously defend your case, look no further. We have a proven track record of successfully representing clients in prostitution cases, and we are ready to assist you.
Is Prostitution Legal in California?
Prostitution is illegal in California, except for a few counties where certain forms of prostitution have been decriminalized. However, in most cities, including Walnut Creek, engaging in or soliciting prostitution is considered criminal. Prostitution is the exchange of sexual acts for money or other forms of compensation.
What are the Penalties for Prostitution in California?
The penalties for prostitution in California can vary depending on the specific circumstances of the case and the defendant's prior criminal record. Generally, prostitution is classified as a misdemeanor offense. The potential penalties include:
- Up to six months in county jail
- A fine of up to $1,000
- Up to one year in county jail
- A fine of up to $2,000
It's important to note that additional penalties may apply if the defendant has prior convictions for prostitution or related offenses. These penalties may include mandatory AIDS testing and counseling.
Defenses for Prostitution Charges:
When facing prostitution charges, it is crucial to have a skilled Walnut Creek prostitution lawyer on your side who can build a strong defense strategy tailored to your case. Here are some common defenses that can be used:
- Lack of Evidence: Challenging the prosecution's evidence, such as insufficient proof of intent to engage in prostitution or lack of evidence connecting you to the alleged act.
- Entrapment: Arguing that law enforcement officers induced or coerced you into engaging in prostitution when you would not have done so otherwise.
- Mistaken Identity: Provide evidence to show that you were wrongly identified as the person involved in the alleged prostitution activity.
- Fourth Amendment Violations: Examining whether your Fourth Amendment rights were violated during the arrest or search process, which could lead to the exclusion of evidence against you.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: Challenging the legality of the search and seizure conducted by law enforcement officers, especially if there was no valid warrant or probable cause.
Contact Our Walnut Creek Prostitution Attorney Today
Being charged with prostitution can seriously affect your personal and professional life. At Thomas Daly Law, A Professional Corporation, we are committed to providing aggressive and strategic defense for individuals facing prostitution charges in Walnut Creek. Our experienced Walnut Creek prostitution lawyers will thoroughly investigate your case, explore all available defenses, and work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Contact Thomas Daly Law, A Professional Corporation, today to schedule a FREE consultation with our prostitution lawyer in Walnut Creek!