Walnut Creek DUI Lawyer
Providing Skilled Defense for Multiple DUI Charges in California
Being charged with driving under the influence (DUI) is a serious matter, even if it is your first offense. The state of California takes DUI offenses seriously, and will punish those who are convicted harshly. If you are facing a DUI charge, you need to retain the services of a skilled criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.
The sooner you retain legal representation, the sooner you can start building your defense and protecting your rights.
What Is Considered a DUI in California?
In California, a person may be charged with DUI if they are operating a vehicle and their ability to do so is impaired by the use of alcohol and/or drugs.
- A person may be considered to be impaired if their blood alcohol content (BAC) is .08 percent or more, or if they are under the influence of drugs or medication.
- A person may also be considered to be impaired if they are unable to drive with the caution and care of a sober person under similar circumstances. A person may also be charged with DUI if they refuse to submit to a chemical test.
- A first DUI offense is considered a misdemeanor, and can carry penalties of up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.
- A second DUI offense is considered a misdemeanor as well, and a third or subsequent offense is a felony.
- A third or subsequent offense is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $2,500. A person may also have their license revoked for up to four years, depending on the circumstances of the offense.
A DUI charge is serious, and the state of California will be aggressive in prosecuting those who are charged with this offense. You need to retain the services of a skilled DUI attorney who can fight for your rights and protect your interests.
Why Choose Thomas Daly Law, A Professional Corporation?
If you are facing a DUI charge, you need to retain the services of a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. The sooner you retain legal representation, the sooner you can start building your defense and protecting your rights.
At Thomas Daly Law, A Professional Corporation, our Walnut Creek DUI lawyer has experience in defending clients against DUI charges. We understand that the state will aggressively prosecute those who are accused of DUI, and we know what it takes to build a strong defense against DUI charges. Our firm is committed to providing personalized attention to each of our clients, and we will work with you to develop a strategy that can help you successfully navigate your case.
Contact Our Firm for Skilled DUI Defense in California
If you are facing a DUI charge and are looking for a skilled and aggressive attorney to represent you, contact our firm today. We are available 24/7 to take your call and answer your questions. We also offer free initial consultations so that you can meet with our attorney and discuss your case in person.
If you have been charged with DUI, do not wait to retain legal representation. The state will aggressively prosecute those who are accused of DUI, and you need to have a skilled and knowledgeable attorney on your side. Contact our Walnut Creek DUI lawyer today to learn more about how we can help you.