Alcohol Related Crimes Lawyer Walnut Creek, California
Get Skilled Representation for Your Alcohol Crimes Charge in Contra Costa County
While drinking alcohol is legal for people over the age of 21, there are still laws about where and when people may drink. Often, getting caught drunk in public can lead to a criminal charge. An alcohol-related crime on your record could mean hefty fines, jail time, and mandatory alcohol counseling, including Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. This is where a Walnut Creek criminal defense lawyer can help.
Don’t let the courts coerce you into a plea on your alcohol charge. Call Walnut Creek criminal defense attorney, Thomas Daly, at (925) 208-4801 today.
Types of Alcohol Related Offenses
Alcohol can be enjoyed safely and legally in private homes and where it is legally sold, such as a bar or restaurant. However, drinking outside of these places, or going out into public after drinking can be illegal. If you are caught drinking or drunk in public, you can be charged with a misdemeanor crime.
Alcohol-related offenses include:
- Drunk in Public
- Purchasing Alcohol for a Minor
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, or DUI/DWI
- Open Container Violation
- Cycling Under the Influence of Alcohol, or CUI
- Underage Drinking/Minor in Possession
- An attorney with knowledge of California alcohol law and experience in defending people against criminal alcohol charges can assist you with your case. Trying to navigate the complicated court system without a lawyer is difficult and can mean that you are pressured into signing a plea deal or confessing to a crime that there may not be enough evidence for. Walnut creek criminal defense lawyer, Thomas Daly, will evaluate every aspect of your case and fight for your rights and freedom.
For a free consultation of your case’s individual needs, call Walnut Creek Criminal Defense Attorney Thomas Daly at (925) 208-4801.